ABG is Africa’s fifth largest gold producer, with a portfolio of 4 operating mines, Bulyanhulu, North Mara, Tulawaka and Buzwagi. ABG has numerous advanced exploration and development projects, and large land positions on the most prolific and prospective mineral trends in Africa.
ABG is an African focused company, whose vision is to be the best gold mining company by finding, acquiring, developing, and producing quality reserves in a safe, profitable and socially responsible manner. It has quality assets, an unrivalled pipeline of projects and more than 4,000 dedicated employees working to deliver value.
Currently ABG has an open position in the Human Resources Department at Tulawaka Mine site.
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERINTENDENT
African Barrick Gold (ABG)
We are seeking a dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Human Resources Superintendent to join the HR Team so as to work at Tulawaka to achieve and surpass safety, training and quality objectives to the reward of both the individual and PML.
Reporting Line: HR Manager
Location: Tulawaka Mine Site
Work Schedule: Rotational Status (6 Weeks on 3 Weeks off)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Head up the human resources and training department by giving guidance to the departmental staff to fulfill HR, IR and training duties as a service to the mine production teams.
- To provide leadership to the Senior Management Team to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of budgeted KPIs and that employees achieve their full potential by gaining new skills through the provision of effective mentoring and training programs.
- To provide leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceeds worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation.
- To administer the timely monitoring and control of operating costs in the area to ensure budget compliance and act swiftly to correct unfavourable cost variances.
- To implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and take appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behaviour.
- To direct human resource, training and safety activities, as well as HR planning, job evaluation, benefits structuring, recruitment and selection, relocation and induction to ensure the needs of departments are being met in a timely and cost effective manner and in accordance with PML’s policies and procedures and any external legal requirements.
- To direct the installation, operation and maintenance of human resources development processes such as Succession Planning, Promotions and Transfers to ensure the company’s needs are met and employee satisfaction is optimised.
- To direct the installation, operation and maintenance of human resource administration activities such as Conditions of Service, Remuneration Benefits, Performance Management, Union Relations and Employee Relations generally, to ensure organisation competitiveness, safe storage and accessibility of information and a fair and consistent application across PML.
- To develop, implement and audit best practice human resource policies, procedures and guidelines that support departments in the management of their human resources and are transparent to employees.
- To continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
The ideal candidate for this position would possess the following skills, and attributes
- Degree/Diploma in Business, Commerce or Social Sciences with an HR and training bias.
- 10 years experience in the gold mining sector with at least 5 years in an HR and training management role. Industrial Relations experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a human resource function including developing policy and procedures and promoting acceptance and understanding by line management and employees in key HR/IR areas is essential.
- Working experience in Africa or a third world country that requires systematic coaching and training of employees would be advantageous.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include excellent leave conditions and benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrick Group has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by Barrick within fourteen days (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Barrick Gold Mine Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before the 25 November 2011