Pathfinder is seeking highly motivated and self driven staff to join a dynamic team to support integrated HIV/AIDS and RH/FP projects supported by CDC and private foundations based in Dar, Tabora, and Mtwara.
- Deputy Director - Monitoring and Evaluation – Dar es Salaam
- Primarily responsible for the design and implementation of all of Pathfinder Tanzania’s monitoring and evaluation planning and data collection systems to measure overall project performance against established goals and objectives.
- Consults with CDC and other Pathfinder funders to set up a transparent, reliable and valid M&E system that can easily be tracked and verified.
- Ensures that PI/Tanzania Office leadership has access to data and analytical reports for decision making and performance improvement.
- Coordinates the preparation of quarterly reports for all PI/Tanzania donors and the head office.
- Designs operational research studies and implements M&E activities that highlight best practices and approaches for reaching populations of interest for the project.
- Supervises and mentors all M&E related staff, and institutes regular use of performance monitoring data among project managers and other relevant Pathfinder staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree or higher in epidemiology, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluating health/development projects; specific M&E experience with reproductive health/family planning, child survival and/or related areas strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership and management skills; a proven track record coordinating a project team and/or consultants in M&E activity implementation and reporting.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of PEPFAR (CDC and USAID) reporting requirements.
- Experienced user of software packages, including ACCESS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and at least one statistical software package (SPSS, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English.
- Community HIV/AIDS Technical Advisor – Dar es Salaam
- Responsible for the provision of technical inputs in the planning, budgeting, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of Pathfinder’s HIV/AIDS program activities in Tanzania in close collaboration with Pathfinder staff, NACP, RCHS/MOHSW, CDC/Tanzania, and implementing partners.
- Provide technical direction in the field of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Home Based Care, Home Based Counseling and Testing activities, and Institutional Capacity Building activities.
- Ensures technical accuracy for the successful implementation of HIV/AIDS project strategies and activities and s/he leads the work to develop all training materials for the program.
- Leads the process to update all program stakeholders in technical information about HIV prevention, HBC and HBCT innovations, prevention with positives, PMTCT, nutrition and other issues related to improving the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Drafts abstracts and prepares material for professional meetings, journals, Pathfinder publications, and other media as required.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, at least 3 in training.
- Thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health issues, including family planning in both public and private sector in Tanzania.
- Proven experience in developing training curriculums, training materials, and training methodologies.
- Proven experience in writing proposals, abstracts, presentations, project documents and reports.
- Knowledge and experience with participatory learning, planning and evaluation methodologies
- Working experience with CDC and/or USAID-funded health projects
- Program Manager – Dar es Salaam
- Responsible for the implementation of all Pathfinder International projects and programs in the region, including the planning, coordinating, and monitoring the regional/district level activities and serve as the programmatic representative of Pathfinder at the regional and district level.
- Supervises all staff assigned to the Dar es Salaam office and oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual activity and project reports and reviews,
- Oversees the implementation of all agreements with partner organizations and for coordinating the necessary technical assistance and capacity building of the CHMT and/or MOHSW staff.
- Builds capacity and strengthens supervision of all community volunteers working in Pathfinder supported activities.
- Provides oversight to and monitoring of all activities through field visits, report reviews, regular staff meetings and supervision of activities to improve quality of Pathfinder funded activities.
- Represents and advocate Pathfinder International as a knowledgeable key figure on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS and related programming issues at Regional/Municipal Levels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum 5 years field experience managing development, public health or other social sector programs
- Proven ability and skills in management, including supervision of staff, work planning, basic financial management, and data collection
- Computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with participatory approaches and adult learning methodologies
- Fluency in written, spoken English and Kiswahili
- Proven ability to write clear and concise reports and technical documents
- 5 years experience working with the Tanzanian government, NGOs, CBOs and FBOs
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references, a writing sample from recent professional opportunities, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the position. Applications should be addressed to the HR Manager, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to download the document containing the jobs announcement.