Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Mar 2016
WomenCraft is a community-driven social enterprise operating from Ngara, Tanzania.
WomenCraft’s mission is to increase economic opportunity in the post-conflict tri-border area of Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi by bringing rural women together, facilitating their growth and connecting their artistry to the global marketplace. Through WomenCraft, over 300 artisans advance themselves, raise stronger, families, stimulate their communities and inspire the world around them.
Position Description: This is an ideal opportunity for you gain experience in Social Enterprise operations for a not-for-profit social enterprise while gaining hands-on, real-world, international experience that will make a difference in the lives of women in East Africa. You work along our local staff and artisan leaders to help them build their skills and improve their ability to carry out their work.
Expected Projects and Skills Learned:
Build the capacity of local staff members and artisan leaders by providing training to help staff effectively manage their projects.
- Provide tailored on-the-job training to staff, including email drafting, computer and software training so that the team is able to perform their job functions.
- Help WomenCraft implement e-learning components and video training.
Assist Operations Manager and Logistics Manager with functions related to WomenCraft’s production:
- Assist Operations Manager with costing research to ensure that products are priced in the most equitable way possible. Work with production team to gather accurate information from the artisans.
- Assist Operations Manager and Training Manager with writing and testing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist Logistics Manager to research and propose solutions to help WomenCraft work out solutions to logistical challenges, including raw material procurement and storage;
- Assist to coordinate and implement the Artisan Design Competition.
Assist Social Impact Coordinator with the planning and implementation of the Social Impact Assessment.
- Assist Social Impact Coordinator to gather and analyze data
- Assist Social Impact Coordinator to draft the Social Impact Assessment Report
Carry out other functions as directed by our International Operations Manager.
- Experience with capacity building and training
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of East African culture
- Interest in women’s development and handicrafts
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and make contributions as a member of a team Previous international travel, especially in the developing world, a plus
Ability to live and work in a remote environment
- Interest in fair trade, refugees and/or international development
- Kiswahili language skills preferred
How to apply:
This is an unpaid 3 month internship.
Please send a CV and cover letter through email to email@example.com and specify “SOCIAL ENTERPRISE OPERATIONS INTERN” in the subject line. Please indicate dates of availability.