In addition to the previous updates, here are some notable new ones in the recently released WhatsApp apk (version 2.16.4 available for download from APKMirror)
- When attaching a PDF, you can now tap "Browse other docs..." to pick a PDF from another source, like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive (Android 4.4+).
- View PDFs you've sent and received by tapping Media from contact info or group info
- You can now view starred messages for a given chat from contact info or group info
- When clearing a chat, you can choose to keep your starred messages
- The ability to quickly reply to a message without opening up the app and the entire conversation. The expanded notification now show s a Reply button that opens up WhatsApp's own overlay. The window that pops up shows the message's sender, text, and includes a couple of options to answer. There's a text box, a vertically aligned emoji panel, a voice message option, and buttons to close it (which dismisses the notification without sending an answer) and view it (which opens the full conversation in WhatsApp)
- When you tap the profile or group image of any conversation (single contact or group), you get an overlay window with a faster way to perform the actions of the long-tap menu in the app's title bar. For a single contact, you get: Archive, Delete, Mute/Unmute, Add chat shortcut, View contact, and Mark as read/unread. For a single group, you get: Archive, Leave group, Mute/unmute, Add chat shortcut, Group info, and Mark as read/unread. You can multiple select chats, regardless of their muted, read, or contact/group state.
- The grey Default wallpaper icon is replaced wit a new circle icon with a color reminiscent of WhatsApp's own shade of teal green. A fifth option has also been added: solid color. This opens up a list of different solid colors that you can preview and apply for a bit of an added personal touch to your conversations.
Tips via Android Police