THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
APPOINTMENT TO THE CHAIRMAN, VICE CHAIRMAN AND BOARD MEMBERS OF THE TANZANIA COMMUNICATION REGULATORY AUTHORITY (TCRA)The Chairman of the Nomination Committee, established under section 8(1) (a) of the TCRA Act. No. 12 of 2003, invites Tanzanians with relevant qualifications as spelt out herein to apply for appointment to fill the positions of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Board members of Tanzania Communication Regulator Authority. Attention is hereby drawn that all applicants are required to observe the provisions of Sections 7(5) and 11 of the TCRA Act, 2003 as well as the TCRA Code of Conduct relating to conflict of interest.
As per the First Schedule of the TCRA Act 2003, the following are the minimum qualifications for appointment to the TCRA Board:
- Should be a graduate of a recognized university;
- Have at least 10 years experience in one or more of the fields of Management, Law, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Broadcasting, ICT or related fields;
- Have knowledge of the communication industry;
- Should satisfy the Nomination Committee that he/she is unlikely to have a conflict of interest under Section11 of the Act;
- Be willing to serve as member to the board.
TCRA Nomination Committee,
Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication,
14 Jamhuri Street,
11470 DAR ES SALAAM