Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 01 Jun 2016
PATH is an international organization that drives trans-formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Digital Health Solutions group (DHS) works directly with national governments in low and middle income countries to select, adapt and scale appropriate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for long term use in their country.
DHS is currently recruiting a Deputy Director of Operations in Tanzania. This critical lead operations role will support the Director for the Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiative in Tanzania as well as other digital health projects. This role will work in close collaboration with the BID lead Project Administrator in Seattle. S/he will provide an overarching view across BID Initiative, and other projects, ensuring that the work streams of multiple teams are on track, playing a key internal leadership role to ensure efficient management of donor resources, completion of milestones, and smooth operations and execution of the various work plans for the projects in the portfolio.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with DHS leaders and projects around the world to develop new business opportunities for PATH in Tanzania.
- Provide management support to the Tanzania team and serve as performance leader for selected team members as appropriate.
- Lead in the development, management and monitoring of budgets for both the portfolio of projects as well as individual budgets, in coordination with the PADMs and BID Initiative Tanzania Director.
- Identify, implement, coordinate, and manage team tools to improve communication, work efficiency, and collaboration within the BID Initiative Tanzania team, the larger BID Initiative and DHS team through proactive virtual teaming practices.
- Oversee business operations in the Tanzania offices for the BID Initiative and other digital health projects, including HR management, program implementation, and day to day finance and administration (in coordination with Project and Country Program Administrators).
- Play a significant role in the development of strategy, translation of the strategy into action plans, provide overall coordination of activities and their implementation, resolve issues, and communicate project information to facilitate the success of the BID Initiative and other digital health projects.
- Partner with the Project Administrators (PADM) responsible for financial management of the various project budgets by reviewing budgets and creating long-term financial projections, link programmatic progress to financial expenditures, and contribute to preparation and analysis of financial reports.
- Work in close collaboration with the BID Lead PADM in Seattle on the management of BID finances and resources.
- Serve as lead PADM on DHS projects in Tanzania, supporting the Responsible Project Manager (RPM) in effective and timely management of project finances, resources, and contractual obligations.
- Support the development and issuance of subordinate agreements, work orders, purchase orders, and consulting agreements as needed to further project goals in compliance with PATH’s policies and procedures.
- Work with technical staff and PATH Seattle team members to plan the administrative and financial resources required for work plan activities; and work through established channels and procedures to put those resources in place.
- Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of PATH policies and procedures as well as donor rules and regulations; seek out guidance from the relevant authority to resolve policy questions; and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports, the general ledger, and labor reports to ensure project finances stay on track and are within approved limits, make recommendations and work with the RPM to adjust project scope or resourcing when needed.
- Develop and maintain a procurement plan for the BID Initiative Tanzania and DHS portfolios, based on the annual work plan, in coordination with program and technical staff; establish the timeline for initiation of procurement, allowing time for complete procurement process per PATH procurement policy.
- Create, ensure, and coordinate the proper management of the various project timelines and integrated work plans, including tracking of various team activities, key resource allocations, critical-path management, and parallel track planning to ensure milestones and deliverables are constantly defined and monitored across the various assigned projects.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please click on this link http://bit.ly/1VTyyT5
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.