Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 25 Apr 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, including Tanzania. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
The Emergency Services Officer, under the management and supervision of the Camp Manager and in close collaboration with the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for overseeing emergency service provision for the refugee camp.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise all national and refugee staff working in Hot meal, CRI/NFI distribution
- Monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the camp
- Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, particularly to ensure community support and collaboration in the provision of emergency relief to new arrivals and/or particular individual cases
- Ensuring diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across the sectors under his/her remit;
- Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors.
- Oversee and ensure that NFI distributions and hot meals provisions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner;
- Ensure that all documentation and necessary procedures for the distribution of NFI and the provision of hot meals are observed; in cases where accepted standards of service provision in these sectors need be deviated from, provide justifications to and seek approval of the Camp Manager or his/her representative
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general, and NFI provision and hot meal provision in particular
- Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with SPHERE standards and the DRC Code of Conduct;
- Write daily and weekly reports and assist in writing monthly reports as required by the camp manager;
- Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported
- Participate in camp coordination meetings, other humanitarian partners as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees; as required by the camp manager
- Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by the camp manager.
The Emergency Services Officer, will be supervised by the Camp Manager
- Relevant Bachelor Degree in Social Science or equivalent
- Minimum three years progressive working experience in Non-Governmental Organization working in Remote areas
Contract: 3 months period, with possibility of an extension based on performance and the availability of funding.
Duty Station: Nduta/Mtendeli Refugee Camp
General Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
How to apply:
Application and CV
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25 April, 2016.
This position is only open to Tanzania citizens only