Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 16 Apr 2016
Volunteer House Manager & Volunteer Coordinator in Tanzania
We are looking for a new Manager of our Volunteer Housein White Sands / Africana, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It's a beautiful guest house just 5 minutes from the Indian Ocean with four dormitories and two private rooms. The guest house always accommodates between 8 and 15 volunteers of the charityhelp2kids and sometimes also guests.
Latest start date is to arrive in Dar es Salaam by June 15th2016. Benefits include a modern private room with private bathroom, air conditioning, a working computer and phone, as well as internet access. In addition, a shared car will be provided between you and our Project Managers. Help2kids requires the Manager to live at the guest house and be present to help guests and volunteers to navigate Dar es Salaam. We also employ housekeepers, a chef, and guards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Volunteer House Friendly Gecko (22 beds)
- Handling and support of office administration for the Volunteer House
- Handling of all volunteer and guest relations, handling of volunteer application process, contact person for all volunteer related issues
- Coordination of volunteer placements, scheduling, organizing weekly volunteer team meetings, regular meetings with project managers to discuss volunteer placements
- Managing staff and food and beverages for the Volunteer House
- Dealing with local and public authorities
- Weekly reportings to the Board with updated accounting
What we expect
- Experience in working in East-Africa (also former volunteer experience would be sufficient)
- Fluent/Excellent in English (other languages would be a benefit)
- Driver's license (must have)
- Commitment for 12 months
- Outgoing personality, flexibility and creativity, open-minded
- Passion for working in an international environment with a lot of different people and cultures
- Independent, reliable and accurate
- Free housing at the guest house in a private room with private bathroom and air-conditioning
- Shared car
- Full board at the guest house
- Free laundry and room cleaning
- Free internet access
- 5 weeks of holiday
Have a look at www.friendlygecko.com and**www.help2kids.org** for more information about us and the work environment. We are looking forward to your application documents (motivational letter and CV) or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
Application: Please send your application documents with a motivational letter to email@example.com. We would be interested to know specifically:
- When could you start working for us and how long would you like to commit?
- Do you have previous experiences in working in Africa or even better in Tanzania?