- Never drive on pavement with part-time 4WD, nor with a differential locked.
- Always put the car in neutral and come to a stop before putting the transfer case in 4 Lo.
- Never floor it when you're trying to get unstuck.
- Be sure to use traction control appropriately, leaving it on when driving on snow, ice, or while rock crawling, and turning it off (or using an appropriate terrain mode) when driving through sand or mud.
- Finally, be sure to inspect underneath your vehicle after any serious off road adventure.