Organization: Land O'Lakes International Development
Closing date: 30 Jun 2016
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. We leverage Land O’Lakes, Inc.’s near-century of history by engaging in international agriculture and economic development programs, implementing more than 280 programs in 80 countries since 1981.
Land O’Lakes International Development is seeking expressions of interest for the Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an agricultural crops development project in East Africa.
The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for providing overall leadership and technical direction for the program, ensuring a shared vision among all components and actors and an active engagement on achieving program objectives. S/he will identify any potential risks to program implementation and recommend program adjustments. S/he will act as the principal liaison between the donor and all other stakeholders.
Reporting & Supervision:
The COP will oversee a staff of host country employees and potentially several expatriates, depending on the scope of the project. S/he will report to Land O’Lakes’ Regional Program Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture economics, environment, natural resource management, rural development or related field of study or equivalent work experience;
• 10 years’ experience implementing international multi-sector development programs;
• Five years’ management experience of integrated programs, including USAID-funded programs;
• Experience building and managing multi-cultural technical and support staff teams;
• Technical expertise in agriculture development, natural resource management, climate change and/or nutrition;
• Experience facilitating private sector partnerships;
• Proven record of success in communicating and working with senior level country counterparts and donor representatives;
• Africa professional experience; and
• English fluency and strong communication skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with gender mainstreaming and climate resilience; and
• French language ability.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O'Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce.
How to apply: