Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 13 Jun 2016
We have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant to join our team in the Tanzania office. As a core member of the Tanzania consultancy team, you will:
- Provide technical inputs on OPM Tanzania’s projects
- Assist in the growth and development of the teams consultancy business
- Support the work of other portfolios and programmes by providing advice and inputs on technical issues relating to actual and potential projects.
- To deliver projects and carry out other tasks under the direction of the OPM Tanzania Technical Lead in accordance with an agreed annual performance agreement including associated financial and other targets.
- Undertake technical work on OPM consulting and other projects involving a range of policy, implementation, research and training-related issues, in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards.
- Contribute to tenders for projects, including project budgets and staffing plans.
- Foster good relations with clients and partners, including donor agencies and partner government ministries.
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with all other members of the team, other Programmes, and other OPM colleagues.
- Participate, through programme meetings and by other means, in the general development of the work of the Tanzania Office, the Programme and the Company in general.
- Take a proactive approach to on- and off-job personal and career development by working on projects in other OPM portfolio areas, keeping abreast of latest developments within the office and taking opportunities to attend training events as appropriate.
- Comply with all internal policies processes and procedures including financial management systems.
- Undertake other duties reasonably required by Technical Lead.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in relevant discipline (for example, economics, statistics, development studies).
- A solid grounding of the subject matter with associated relevant work experience.
- Advanced analytical skills – quantitative and/or qualitative.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to the technical area and the regional political landscape.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent teamwork skills and willingness to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work in English and Swahili
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing office of OPM. You will be instrumental in shaping and growing the Tanzanian office with a great existing team, this role will give you exposure to all elements of consultancy work, enabling you to personally develop with the support of the whole organisation.
How to apply:
Follow the link to our vacancies page and apply with your CV and cover letterhttp://www.opml.co.uk/join-us/vacancies