Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Jun 2016
Be a central part of Tanzania’s agricultural transformation – the SAGCOT Center Ltd. are looking for top-tier talent to join our team at the forefront of public and private sector development of Tanzania. Candidates must have an excellent management and leadership skills, strong analytical abilities and communication skills, an excellent academic record, and a passion for development. Those with at least 10 years of progressive experience up to senior management and executive level are strongly encouraged to apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in Dar es Salaam at the World Economic in 2011, the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) is an international public private partnership that aims to transform agricultural in Tanzania’s Southern Corridor. Partners include local and international companies, farmers, development partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and the Tanzanian Government. By 2030, the partnership aims to attract USD 3.2 billion of investments, transforming 350,000 hectares of arable land into profitable production and lifting 10,000 small scale farmers into commercial farming.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd functions as the operational hub, promoting investments in inclusive, sustainable commercial value chains. The SAGCOT Centre Ltd is also a neutral broker and catalyst that links different agriculture stakeholders in order to help achieve major economic growth in Tanzania.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd is currently seeking to fill the role of Head of Operations; a dynamic and motivated senior professional, with the people and resource management skills to play a central role in driving the success of the organization. Full details below:
Full Time Position: Head of Operations
- Direct and coordinate the internal operational activities of the organization. Do so in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
- Lead and develop the operations team, including the M&E Specialist and Operations Manager.
- Assist the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel and growth of the core business functions.
- Oversee change management for the Centre. Ensuring organizational effectiveness throughout the Centre’s expansion and implementation of structural changes necessary for the strategic growth of the organization.
- Oversee all financial management of the Center and ensure maximum value in the use of resources.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
- An excellent academic record including a relevant Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Policy, International Development, or other relevant area from an accredited university
- Substantial management experience at a senior level.
- Ability to quickly obtain a sound grasp of the agribusiness industry and to draw on specialist knowledge of the industry to gain the trust and confidence of industry stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex and conflicting information, including the ability to independently identify information or analysis gaps and to undertake targeted research or evidence gathering to fill these gaps. Ability to deliver strategic insights based on this strong analysis.
- Sophisticated oral and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build a strong rapport, establish relationships quickly, and work effectively with other individuals and organizations.
- Ability to lead others and work independently with professionalism and integrity to ensure tasks are completed and the needs of the organization are met.
- Sound judgment of when to raise issues to the CEO and Board of Directors and take necessary direction
- A genuine team-player with strong skills in listening, negotiating and influencing.
- High professional and ethical integrity.
- Demonstrated fluency in English, (speaking and written skills).
- Possession of at least twelve (12) years related work experience in demonstrating strategic thinking and strong management skills, inclusive of experience within the private sector.
- Operations Management: Experience in successfully managing complex publicly-funded and/or privately funded programs or organizations. Specific experience managing an organisation (preferably a private sector organisation)
- Human Resource Management: Experience in providing strategic and operational support to implementation of policies, plans and activities relating to Human Resources Management
- Knowledge Management: Experience in maintaining knowledge repositories and developing specific mechanisms to ensure effective information and knowledge exchange
- Proven experience of producing and presenting written and oral material in a concise, insightful and structured manner for a variety of audiences, including presenting evidence to influence decision-makers within public and private sectors
How to apply:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply before the deadline on June 3rd 2016. Opportunities are open for both nationals and international qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions of these positions can be viewed in the SAGCOT Centre Ltd. website www.sagcot.com