Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Jun 2016
Be a central part of Tanzania’s agricultural transformation – the SAGCOT Center Ltd. are looking for top-tier talent to join our team at the forefront of public and private sector development of Tanzania. Candidates must have an excellent technical skills, strong analytical abilities and communication skills, an excellent academic record, and a passion for development. Those with at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience are strongly encouraged to apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in Dar es Salaam at the World Economic in 2011, the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) is an international public private partnership that aims to transform agricultural in Tanzania’s Southern Corridor. Partners include local and international companies, farmers, development partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and the Tanzanian Government. By 2030, the partnership aims to attract USD 3.2 billion of investments, transforming 350,000 hectares of arable land into profitable production and lifting 10,000 small scale farmers into commercial farming.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. functions as the operational hub, promoting investments in inclusive, sustainable commercial value chains. The SAGCOT Centre Ltd. is also a neutral broker and catalyst that links different agriculture stakeholders in order to help achieve major economic growth in Tanzania.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist; a dynamic and motivated senior professional, with the analytical and advocacy skills to play a central role in driving the success of the organization. Full details below:
Full Time Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Purpose: To take the leading role in effective monitoring and evaluation for the Center. Support the Center and its partners in adapting their strategies based on lessons learning and performance monitoring, via successive impact evaluations and in-depth reviews of individual partnership models for the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania. Take a lead in the implementation of its Result Framework, generating the technical progress reports required by the Centre’s management, board and funders, and facilitate external technical audit missions.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems and baseline surveys
- A familiarity with DCED Standards
- Experience in developing results chains/intervention logical framework/ theories of change for complex multi-donor initiatives
- An ability to define, measure and determine linkages between various investment indicators and further success metrics including sustainability, competitiveness, profitability, and social acceptance.
- Knowledge and experience with green growth standards and benchmarks including sustainable agricultural practices in Tanzania
- Knowledge and understanding of the agricultural sector in Tanzania
- Experience in undertaking needs assessments and supporting capacity development
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis techniques
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in EnglishDesirable qualifications:
- Relevant PhD or Master’s degree in economics, statistics or social science field
- Experience with cluster development and cluster analysis
How to apply:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply before the deadline on June 3rd 2016. Opportunities are open for both nationals and international qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions of these positions can be viewed in the SAGCOT Centre Ltd. website www.sagcot.com
Please attach a cover letter clearly stating which job you are applying for and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and send it to only one of the addresses below. Only short listed candidates will be contacted