Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 28 Jul 2016
Position Location: Tanzania
Start Date: October / November 2016 (approximate)
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a senior Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Technical Director for an upcoming U.S. Government-funded program in Tanzania. The CVE Technical Advisor will be responsible for managing overall program implementation, including liaising with senior government and civil society counterparts, and lending field-leading content expertise to program strategy, work plans, and project deliverables.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the program;
- Serves as senior content director for the program, provides technical expertise, leadership, and leveraging internal and external technical assistance;
- Serves as senior representative for the program, and for Creative, in Tanzania, including facilitating the structured involvement of senior national and local government counterparts, as well as legislators, civil society organizations, faith leaders, academic experts, and community activists;
- Serves as trainer and facilitator for an inclusive, multi-stakeholder strategy development process, and gains the buy-in from diverse counterparts representing different communities and constituencies;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to USG/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees the role and inputs of staff and sub-award partners;
- Ensures that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with relevant US government regulations;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Provide timely analysis and reporting support to the USAID Mission or other USG entities as requested on CVE issues and policy; and
- Travel throughout Tanzania (and possibly East Africa) will be required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of CVE;
- A minimum of five (5) years working on countering violent extremism, or a related field (e.g. peacebuilding or conflict management) is required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience (including personnel, project budgeting and finance, and performance management) required;
- Familiarity with international donor programmatic and administrative standards is required; experience working with US government contracts and/or cooperative agreements is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Tanzania CVE context at the national and local levels; previous experience working on Tanzanian peacebuilding and/or CVE issues is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating multi-stakeholder consensus-building processes;
- Demonstrated experience presenting and representing ideas with a range of stakeholders including donors and government officials;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required;
- Proficiency in Swahili is preferred but not required;
- University degree in a relevant field desired but not required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*AF81934DF81BE5F2