Expert profile: Monitoring & Evaluation
Assignment duration: 50 months (part-time)
Deadline for application: 26 July 2016
Objectives of the project:
To provide sound M&E and ensure good visibility and communication of the financial support of the European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania, in the field of climate change. To ensure that the impact of EU funded GCCA programme in Tanzania, is effectively monitored and evaluated and its results are attractively communicated to selected target groups in Tanzania and Europe.
Qualification and skills :
- Masters Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Natural Science, Social Science or Management or a relevant, directly related discipline, or equivalent.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of adaptation to climate change and climate resilience
- Good knowledge of concepts and frameworks for monitoring and evaluation and result measurement
- Previous experience with similar assignments in Eastern Africa.
- Previous experience with similar assignments in Tanzania is preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a field related to rural development, livelihoods, climate change or project management.
- At least 3 years of experience in M&E design and implementation at programme/project level.
- Experiences in creating and managing performance monitoring plans and leveraging performance monitoring data for assessing and improving ongoing programmes
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation. S/he must have ability to write clearly, and concisely, and have sound quantitative skills (managing, analysing and interpreting data).
- Excellent technical skills in socio-economic research and programme performance assessment.
- Both written and spoken English is essential