SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant positions in the BASIS-CRSP PROJECT, Department of Soil and Geological Sciences, An ENGLISH HAND WRITTEN application letter accompanied with CV, relevant Certificates, Transcripts and names of at least TWO referees’ reports should be addressed to the DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE), P.O.BOX 3000, CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO; to reach him not later than TWO weeks from the date of this advertisement. Government Employees are not encouraged to apply. Applicants who will fail to comply to the above directives will not be shortlisted. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Position: Research Assistant (1 POST)
Qualifications: Candidates should hold a BSc. (Agricultural Economics) or its equivalent with a minimum GPA of at least 3.5 from recognized institutions. Possession of an MSc will be an added advantage. In addition the candidate should have:-
o Excellent communication and computer skills;
o Experience in managing a team and in conducting and coordinating field research;
o Excellent attention to details;
o Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and
o Ability to interact effectively with researchers, policy makers and diverse groups
- Assist the Principal Investigator on overall management and coordination of the project
- Schedule and coordinate data and samples collection
- Manage all data generated in the project
- Prepare project reports and keep financial records
- Procure all materials and supplies for the project
- Manage and orchestrate the logistics of the different components of the study
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Organize workshops and trainings
- Handle any other duties that the Principal Investigator will from time to time assign to him/her.
Salary: As per treasury registrar Salary Circular No. 6 of 2015.
AGE; Not above 40 years