Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 08 Aug 2016
CHILD PROTECTION/CHILD RIGHTS GOVERNANCE SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We're working with government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, and strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children's participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support the national HIV/TB strategy through the Global Fund program, and respond to emergencies.
The Senior Programme Manager is accountable for providing management and oversight of the implementation of the SIDA CP/CRG programme and to represent and advocate for Save the Children's work and organizational priorities in Child Protection and Child Rights Governance with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN and other humanitarian agencies operating in the area. Provide leadership and guidance to the programme team.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: Dar es Salaam
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Master's Degree level in Social Sciences.
- Five years of relevant area work experience or equivalent.
- Senior expertise in the thematic areas of Child Protection and Child Rights Governance will be considered as strong assets as well as practical knowledge of child participation methodologies.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience in programme management, monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Substantial budget holding responsibilities - experience of managing an annual budget of approximately $1 million.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven leadership skills - previous experience of line managing staff.
- High level report writing skills in English.
- Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. This role closes on 8th August 2016.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'MKogi.firstname.lastname@example.org'