Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Employment Type: Full-Time Employee
Reference Code: 324695101
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2016
What you can expect
The incumbent will responsible for developing and delivering on BASF’s strategic plan for Tanzania in the most effective and efficient manner; while being accountable for the overall performance for the company and for the day to day running and management of the company’s business. Core tasks will include:
- Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of BASF strategy in Tanzania
- Build and Maintain effective relationships in support of BASF business in Tanzania.
- Streamlining our distribution channels, and management of our distributors within the region.
- Ensure effective management of existing and/or possible partnerships between government, civil society and international community.
- Ensure professional development as well as physical welfare of BASF staff in Tanzania.
- Management of office and finance functions by ensuring compliance of the office with local laws & regulations, BASF policies and procedures as well as general work ethics.
- Assist in achieving proper financial controls in the office.
- Maintain effective communication and relations with BASF East Africa and supporting Business Units.
- Relevant University degree is required.
- 10 years experience in relevant industries of which 5 years should be at management level, preferably within a multi-national organisation.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the industry.
- Sound financial management experience.