Organization: School of St Jude
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 11 Aug 2016
The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides FREE, high-quality education to over 1,800 primary and secondary students from the poorest communities in Arusha, Tanzania. This is made possible through the generosity of many people around the world. Sponsorship and Donations are a vital part of the ongoing success of St Jude’s, and every contribution is valued.
The School is currently seeking applications from creative, organised and enthusiastic individuals to lead their Supporter Relations Team. The Supporter Relations Team prides itself on producing engaging, informative and highly personalised communication to our major donors.
· Developing communication plans for major donors, to be edited and approved by the school’s Founder.
· Liaising with all relevant teams: Accounts, Sponsor Relations, Marketing, Visitors, Tertiary on a regular basis relating to communication to/from major donors and high-net worth individuals
· Reviewing and editing all communications: aerograms, thank you letters, photos, videos, cards, gifts, etc.
· Familiarising yourself with all of our major donors and their history.
· Pulling and preparing various reports on a regular basis (financial, KPI, deliverables, etc.)
· Regularly discussing and developing donation allocation ideas based on the school’s needs, donation amounts and donor history.
· Managing “special projects” and liaising closely with other fundraising teams-sponsorship, visitors, marketing, accounts academic and HR, so as to provide outstanding service to the supporters of the school. Special projects may be many, and vary throughout the year.
· Continually thinking of ideas to improve communication with our major donors
· Regularly updating the database with all relevant donor information
· Liaising with Visitor Manager regarding itineraries and communication with ALL visiting major donors
· Liaising with Sponsorship Manager regarding communication with major donors who are sponsors
· Working with large groups who regularly visit the school
· Developing customized video scripts for major donors and working closely with team’s videographer to ensure quality and punctual delivery
· Regular meetings with St Jude’s Founder to discuss and input on all projects
· Educating all teams on major gift policies and procedures
· Developing reporting for donor foundations as needed by those foundations
· Mentoring Supporter Relations Assistants
· Previous experience in working in a mid to large sized NGO (preferably within the Donors/Sponsor Department)
· Experience handling accounts for high net worth individuals and major donors
· Strong inter-personal skills to work in collaboration with all other departments
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Access and Publisher a must)
· A strong commitment to the continued training of Tanzanian staff
· Exceptional attention to detail
· The ability to be flexible, extremely patient, personable and easygoing
To be a successful St Jude’s volunteer, you will:
· Be flexible, open-minded, tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country
· Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
· Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and International Volunteers
· Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges
A minimum commitment of 24 months is required
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please visit our website www.schoolofstjude.org/join-us/volunteer.html
How to apply:
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their Resume accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com by 11th August, 2016. THE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!