Location: Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam
Firm Service: Consulting
Reference Code: EAT-122334-NL
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte East Africa
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises,small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across 6 countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
Deloitte Tanzania has 6 exciting opportunities for qualified individuals to join our Tunajali II Program in the role of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in our offices in Morogoro, Dodoma, Iringa, Njombe and Singida.
TUNAJALI II Program entitled “Comprehensive and Sustainable Clinical and Community HIV/AIDS Services” is a five year (18 January 2012 ‑ 17January 2017) PEPFAR supported program through USAID. The Program is managed by Deloitte Consulting Limited with its technical partner the Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC). TUNAJALI II supports the provision of sustainable quality comprehensive and integrated HIV prevention, care, treatment and support services in all districts of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Dodoma and Singida regions. The services are provided at health care facility levels through qualified health care workers and at the community and household levels through trained community home based care service providers to enhance a continuum care model.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will report to the Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and administratively to the Regional Program Manager in the region.
The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will be responsible for supporting the regional sub-grantees to collect, analyse and report quality data while ensuring that s/he complies with all data management and quality dimensions requirements of the program. S/he will identify Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) capacity needs of the sub-grantees and provide support in building their capacity at all levels. S/he will oversee the use of agreed national M&E tools and ensure timely, quality and reliable data reporting. S/he will be responsible for covering all requirements of the component of the TUNAJALI II program and maintain conducive working relationships with the RRCHCHO, DRCHCHO and other relevant partners working in his/ her region of operations.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Working in close collaboration with councils M&E/HMIS unit to ensure coordination and complementarities of monitoring and evaluation activities to enhance regular data collection and submission;
- Working in collaboration with TUNAJALI II technical teams to review program performance and service statistics of each site and facilities;
- Contributing to the development and presentation of periodic reports to key stakeholders;
- Contributing to documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learnt among key partners and NACP;
- Building the capacity of the facility based data-clerks on data quality both paper based and electronic;
- Supporting regional M&E teams on data analysis and presentation, including regular supportive supervision visits;
- Supporting development and implementation of data quality improvement and quality assurance (QA/QI) plans for the program;
- Coordinating quarterly data collection and analysis of all service statistics and activities for inclusion into regional progress reports ;
- Assisting the compilation of Semi and Annual Progress Reports (S/APRs);
- Producing a variety of written documents e.g. data summaries, workshop reports, etc.;
- Supporting the design and implementation of baseline/midline/and other surveys according to the approved work plan;
- Overseeing the program database and developing procedures and tools for planning, monitoring and evaluation of project activities based on the Results Framework and the Activity Timeline;
- Actively participate in routine internal and external data quality assessments;
- Supporting sub grantees in preparation of implementable annual work plans;
- Certify completion of Milestones by sub grantees as per prior agreed specifications;
- Bachelor Degree in Demography, Nursing, Statistics, Social Sciences (Sociology, Development studies, Social work) or Population
- Proven Computer skills
Other relevant Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in M&E of large donor-funded health programs. Experience in working under PEPFAR and TOMSHA/ZAPMos guidelines for reporting.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment composed of individuals who are committed to working as one.
Closing Date: 31 July 2016