Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 29 Jul 2016
The School of St Jude is a charity funded NGO that provides a FREE, high-quality education to almost 1,900 Primary and Secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha. The School is growing fast as number of students is increasing and so we need more human resources to sustain our needs and be able to fulfil our mission.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St. Jude.
As the Development Specialist for the US Market you work as part of the Marketing team to identify prospects, develop strategies and solicit major gifts at the $25,000+ level. You will also have the opportunity to develop and execute a plan to grow the St Jude’s brand in the United States.
- Identify potential major gift and grant sources and work with the Supporter Relations Manager, the American Friends Board and Senior Leadership to secure funding for the school
- Plan US promotional tour including booking travel, securing events, supporting correspondence and providing PR support (includes travel to US with Visitor Coordinator or student)
- Identify opportunities and deliver strategies to build the St Jude’s brand in the United States
- Identify opportunities and deliver strategies to build the school’s supporter and donor base in the United States
- Assist the marketing team with the refinement of communication and marketing activity with US donors and supporters
- Work with the Visitor Department and meet in person with visitors from the United States
- Assist with administrative tasks that support St Jude’s presence and supporter experience in the United States
Qualification, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelors qualification in relevant field such as Marketing, Communications, International Relations.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising and marketing
- Leading relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, dedicated and self-driven personality
How to apply:
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter email@example.com by 29th July 2016 THE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!