Country: United States of America
Closing date: 12 Aug 2016
At Malaria No More, we envision a world where no child dies from a mosquito bite. We use our innovative partnerships and focused advocacy to elevate malaria on the global health agenda, create political will and mobilize the global resources required to achieve malaria eradication within a generation.
MNM's internship program offers full-time and part-time internships for 3 to 6 months at our office in Washington, DC. We welcome student interns, particularly those with an interest in public health or international development. Our internship is unpaid. We are currently recruiting for the Fall 2016 semester.
What do you gain as an intern?
An internship with MNM will give the intern a chance to work in a small, influential advocacy organization.
What will be the type of work you will do as an intern?
- Compile research and write various Communications documents/briefs/projects, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Assist with the development of power-point presentations and support other admin tasks
- Attend DC-based events/seminars on behalf of organization
- Provide support in preparation of conference calls, meetings, etc., including drafting meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned
To qualify for an MMV internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Working towards or hold a university degree (undergraduate, Master’s or PhD)
- Fluent in English
- Interested in global health/ international development issues
- Willing to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team
This is a competitive program and candidates will be selected on merit. If you fulfill the above- mentioned criteria, please apply with the subject line “DC Fall 2016 internship – your first, last name” and sending the following materials (see below) to: email@example.com
- A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
- Your CV