To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in your home country by the time your awad is confirmed
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
- By October 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). Click here for full information on how to use the EAS, including detailed guides.
You are not required to apply via a nominating body for these scholarships.
All applications must be submitted by 23.59 (GMT) on 31 October 2016 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the EAS will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Follow the following link for more information and application procedure: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/split-site-scholarships