Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 15 Aug 2016
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening.
AKF is looking for well qualified professionals to fill the following three positions for its expanding portfolio of programs in Tanzania.
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The ECD Advisor is responsible for the successful planning, delivery, and coordination of all ECD interventions under the Caring for Children and Empowering Young People (C2EYP) programme. C2EYP is a multi-sector programme implemented in various zones of Tanzania through a consortium of partners. Each partner is taking lead role in specific thematic areas. AKF is responsible for ECD component of the programme. Working within a consortium team and with wider management team, the ECD Advisor’s role will include project management, delivering capacity development workshops, providing technical support to government and CSO delivery partners, developing and operationalising quality assurance system, and leading on financial compliance and report writing. The ECD Advisor is responsible for effective and efficient delivery, project quality, and donor compliance. Implementation of all ECD activities will be carried out by local Civil Society Organisations under the supervision and guidance of the consortium lead agency. S/he will be reporting to Senior Regional Programme Officer – Education, AKF Tanzania.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively plan and deliver the ECD project activities and coordinate effective implementation
- Provide technical expertise using the most up-to-date evidence base in ECD, care for child development (CCD), and low-cost material development to ECD technical leads in Zonal offices
- Develop and deliver capacity development workshops on ECD to Zonal teams.
- Responsible for financial oversight, management of ECD strategy, and ensuring compliance with donor and AKF regulations and procedures
- Work within and coordinate ECD interventions across a number of partners working within a consortium
- Develop quality assurance process and tools to ensure quality of ECD interventions and train ECD leads from the Zonal team and implementing partners (i.e. local CSOs)
- Use data to inform project implementation and make necessary adaptations and work with AKF technical team and consultants to conducted targeted studies to develop a more in-depth understanding of programme quality
- Reporting and maintaining working relationships with consortium partner agencies and local CSOs (as applicable) under guidance from AKF and the consortium lead agency.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Master’s degree in ECD, international development or the equivalent;
- At least eight years of solid experience working in ECD programming and international development;
- Experience of designing and delivering training on ECD such as on Care for Child Development
- Experience of working with teams in remote locations and monitoring quality of programme;
- Proven experience in managing USAID or other donor projects;
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage;
- Positive communication and organisation skills;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business Monday, 15th August 2016, to the Programme Director, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to email@example.com. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.