Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 15 Aug 2016
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening.
AKF is looking for well qualified professionals to fill the following three positions for its expanding portfolio of programs in Tanzania.
Location - Dar-es-Salaam
The successful candidate will be part of AKF Tanzania’s core team with an exciting opportunity to coordinate grants through project tracking, reporting, monitoring, research, and proposal development. S/He will be expected to take lead in tracking new opportunities, grants support, and research for the following portfolios: Enterprise and Economic Development, Education, and Health. S/he will be reporting to Senior Programme Officer, AKF Tanzania.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Tracking, monitoring, and coordination of projects related to multiple sectors including rural development, health, and education.
- Developing good quality narrative reports for submission to donors for projects based on implementation achievements, challenges, risks, and opportunities in coordination with the Programme team, Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning team and Finance.
- Working with partners and consortia to coordinate in developing reports, workplans, project implementation plans;
- Manage the grant management tracker to ensure key deliverables to donors are being met;
- With the Programme team, identify and develop strategic opportunities for new and existing funding
- Support proposal development for upcoming or potential opportunities with donors including multilateral, bilateral, corporates, and other development partners;
- Carry out desk research, as assigned to inform programming and contribute to organizational knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in international development or the equivalent; Masters will be preferred.
- At least two years of solid experience working in international development;
- Experience of working in a developing country, East Africa is preferred;
- Proven experience in grant/project management, experience with USAID and EC desirable;
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports for donor projects and to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programming;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage;
- Positive communication and organization skills;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business Monday, 15th August 2016, to the Programme Director, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.