Country: South Africa
Closing date: 30 Sep 2016
The Statistics and Population Studies Department at the University of the Western Cape (UWC) is part of the Faculty of Natural Science The Department specializes in the following two areas: Statistics and Population Studies / Demography. Joint programmes in Computational Finance are offered in conjunction with the Department of Mathematics and the School of Business and Finance. The Statistics and Population Studies Department offers programmes up to the level of PhD. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key responsibility areas:
Key Performance Areas
• Assist with the mentoring of younger and less experienced staff members
• Actively contribute to departmental management
• Contribute to the continuous development and renewal of existing programmes
• Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules, including supervision of postgraduate students
• Research and publications
• Community engagement
• A PhD in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or related qualification
• Proven expertise in complex statistical techniques
• Strong experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules (including large classes)
• Proven experience in successfully supervising postgraduate students up to doctoral level
• Strong track record of research with high level publications
• Fundraising, and national/international collaboration
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in conducting data analysis in statistical packages as SAS and Open source statistical software packages.
For further information about this position, please contact Prof Nancy Stiegler on (0)21 959 3038 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2016
Disclaimer: Screening of applications is in progress and will continue until the position is filled.
In line with the University's commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants in line with employment targets of the university. The University reserves the right not make an appointment or make an appointment at a different level and seek additional candidates. :How to apply:
In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel by following our online application process athttps://uwc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/122. Please include your cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to your online profile.