Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 30 Aug 2016
M4ID is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Programme Coordinator to coordinate a Tanzania based multi-disciplinary design initiative to research and develop new HIV testing linked care models for vulnerable populations.
M4ID is a social impact company based in Helsinki. The agency brings together service design and creative communication to address global health and development challenges. M4ID is looking for a passionate, agile and proactive professional, who can embrace new approaches and the changing landscape of international development. The successful candidate will bring strong programme coordination expertise, public health knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and positive energy to a fast-paced, creative work environment.
The Coordinator will support M4ID’s design and creative team in programme planning, design, implementation and coordination. Responsibilities include, among others:
- Support and coordinate the planning and implementation of the programme together with the design team and in country stakeholders, including civil society, project partners and the donor community
- Set up of project coordination tools and communication channels to enable effective collaboration and keep programme parties and staff informed throughout
- Identify and build partnerships with organisations and creative/research partners in Tanzania, formalize partnerships and ensure activities are carried out as planned
- Build relationships with key project stakeholders and government, keep them informed and enable their engagement throughout the process
- Support the planning, coordinating and management of simultaneous workstreams in different locations, the project timeline and budget and ensure regular and high quality reporting to donors, M4ID management and other project stakeholders
- Organize workshops and meetings between key partners, advisory board and other project parties
- Coordinate travel and logistical issues related to work in Tanzania
- Monitor, compile and share project information and progress/outcomes on a regular basis
- Participate in and support the project design and creative work phases
- Stay abreast of HIV and health sector related policy and programmatic developments and apply these to the project
- Support the dissemination of findings at meetings, conferences and through publications
- Support the development of recommendations for scalability of service models and concepts
- The Programme Coordinator will report to the Design Lead.
- Dedication and passion for development and health
- Postgraduate degree in public health, clinical background preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience coordinating, working in health/HIV programmes in low income countries
- Proven experience in project management and programme coordination
- Knowledge of working with vulnerable populations, HIV testing linked to care
- Experience in working with and developing trusting relations with civil society, governments and donors
- Prior experience working in Tanzania and knowledge of the Tanzania HIV programmes and policies is highly desirable
- Understanding of user-centred design and creative communication
- Ability to adapt to new approaches and to thrive and succeed in a creative, fast paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A reliable and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to M4ID CEO Mari Tikkanen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Project Coordinator by August 30.