Location: Projects based in Malaysian Borneo, Costa Rica & Nicaragua and Tanzania
Salary: Voluntary, living expenses provided
Posted: 18 Aug 2016
Closes: 18 Sep 2016
Job Level: Management
Hours: Full Time
Want to do some adventurous and exciting next year? Are you mountain leader qualified or assessed?
We are looking for mountain leaders or anyone with extensive trekking or outdoor experience to join our international expeditions in Malaysian Borneo, Costa Rica & Nicaragua and Tanzania in January 2017 for 13 weeks. Support the leadership skills of young volunteers and trek through some of the most incredible landscapes.
Raleigh International is a sustainable development charity, we believe in the passion and energy of young people from around the world to create long lasting positive change. We work with local people, NGO's and governments to establish where our help is needed most. We monitor and evaluate all of our programmes to ensure they create positive impact, are meaningful and long-lasting.
Our programmes focus on providing safe access to water, protecting vulnerable environments and building more resilient communities, all whilst developing the skills and confidence of young people. In order to safely and effectively run our expeditions we rely on volunteer managers.
- Borneo: 27th January - 26th April 2017
- Costa Rica & Nicaragua: 22nd January - 18th April 2017
- Tanzania: 25th January - 23rd April 2017
- Lead a group of young volunteers on a challenging trek
- Facilitate the personal development of the young volunteers
- Encourage and motivate the young volunteers to complete the adventure leadership challenge
- Inspire the volunteers to complete an impactful project
- All living expenses included during the expedition - food, accommodation, equipment
- Full training and support before and during the expedition
- Travel and medical insurance included
- In country transport
- Learn and develop your leadership and trekking skills
- Gain experience in an expedition environment
- Learn and develop knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Gain and develop experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
If you have any questions about this role please contact us on +44(0) 207 183 1295.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience something dramatically different whilst developing your own skills.