Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 25 Oct 2016
The Internal Compliance Coordinator is a key role within the finance team responsible for reviewing the financial processes and controls. The role will require review of the financial processes at the Dar es Salaam office, where the finance team are based, but also to the regional offices where there are no full time finance staff.
The main duties of the Internal Compliance Coordinator include:
- Regular completion of internal audit reports and follow ups to ensure actions completed
- Review of financial controls and expenses at head office and regional offices
- Review adherence to donor rules and regulations
- Undertake internal audit reviews at head office reviewing financial processes and regional offices, focusing on staff expenses and large purchases.
- Review expenses and payments transactions to ensure the policies and documentation have been followed in accordance with RD financial policies and procedures
- Review procurement processes to ensure policies have been followed and purchase orders have been documented
- Recommend improvements to financial systems and processes
- Review/develop finance bottom line accountabilities and monitor performance against these
- Review effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and consider these could be updated
- Undertake internal reviews of other departments work; programme teams, Human Resources, Investment and Partnerships.
- Conduct any ad-hoc audit or financial investigation assignments at the request of the Country Director or Senior Finance and Admin Manager
- Assisting in the preparation for the organisational annual audit and the guidance of the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Review asset/ inventory register
- Review how financial information/transactions is processed on sales force, and whether this could be done differently
- Responsible for reviewing staff imprest/loan balances and ensure policies are followed
- Review if payments have made to the agreed deadlines
- Ensure all the regulations for each Donor are complied with in line with our contract with them
- Record and track reporting against key donor reporting dates
- Review processes for submitting donor bids, including finances teams involvement
- Ensures the country program complies with local and international legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Receive regular updates from line manager and from the FAM on key objectives of the finance team
- Complete finance training and technical training (e.g. Excel)
- Assist in training of non-finance staff and volunteers in Restless Development to comply with finance procedures
- Responsible for training finance staff on financial controls and processes they must follow.
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please note we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes or covering letters
Restless Development Tanzania has a strong commitment to abiding, upholding and promoting appropriate risk-based Child Protection standards at all times. Any individuals deemed to be an unacceptable risk to children will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm Tanzania time Tuesday, 25th October 2016