The Magill Fellowship will provide funding of $50,000 for a period of up to two years to one recipient to support mentorship, career and/or leadership development projects for early- to mid-career ASTMH members in low/low-middle income countries focusing on leadership development in tropical medicine. Magill Fellows will work closely with a mentor (ideally an ASTMH member) who will play a prominent role in the development and execution of the Fellow’s two-year plan of activities.
Closing date: Applications are due by 1 February 2017
- Open only to ASTMH members who are citizens and legal residents of a low/low-middle income country as determined by the World Bank and WHO/Hinari.
- Early- to mid-career.
- A Master’s degree or higher is desired for applicants whose education has focused on advocacy and policy rather than scientific research or clinical care.
- MD, MBBS, DDS, DVM or PhD-level degree.
- Mentor required (member of ASTMH encouraged but not required). The mentor will help the applicant plan and carry out the proposed Fellowship activities. The mentor is not required to work at the same organization/institution as the applicant or to directly supervise the proposed Fellowship activity.
- Applicant and mentor are responsible for planning the proposed Fellowship activity and securing agreement from participating/hosting institutions.