- Advanced university degree desirably in subjects/ areas of humanitarian action and/or sectors of UNICEF focus (health, education, protection, WASH etc.)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with either the UN and/or NGO.
- Experience of responding in first phases of emergency - especially in refugee or IDP settings.
- Experience in coordinating peers as well as managing a team in remote environments;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) required, and a working knowledge of the local language preferred (Kiswahili and/or French useful—refugees are French speaking. Working language is English).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES