The Emerging Scholar Award is open to first or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented in the technology sector. The award is open to students at universities in the US and abroad who are enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student's proposed research and their recommendation letters.
The Emerging Scholar Award includes:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years
- $37,000 annual stipend
- Up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds
- Research Statement: 1-2 page research summary
- Resume or CV with email, phone and mailing address, along with applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation (Please provide reference email addresses): Advisor and one Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
- Application Opens: November 1, 2016
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2017