Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 02 Dec 2016
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
Young people share a restless determination to address the problems that affect them the most. That’s where we come in.
We are Restless Development, a youthful, dynamic and innovative national agency which carries the banner for youth led development in Tanzania and globally. Everything we do is led by and through young people. We are who we serve, placing young people at the forefront of change, empowering them to take leadership roles addressing the most urgent issues facing their communities.
As the leading agency for youth led development, we put young people at the heart of our work, from community to board level. We recognize young people as an asset, who can and do contribute to, and lead change. Our vision is:
A world where young people are at the forefront of change and development, achieving a just and sustainable world for all.
We champion the engagement, position, and ultimately the influence of young people at every stage of development. Since 1993, we have been applying our experience to engage young people and young professionals at all levels of our organization to lead change. Our unique youth-led approach has been cited best practice and won awards from the Stars Foundation, World Bank, UNAIDS, and most recently the 2014 Resolve Award for Mabinti Tushike Hatamu.
For more information: www.restlessdevelopment.org/tanzania
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Coordinator
Location: Dar es Salaam
Salary: TSH 30,435,069 gross per annum
Benefits: 24 days annual leave, rising to maximum of 28 days with additional years of service. International travel insurance, up to 5 days study leave and relocation contribution if applicable.
Preferred start date:As soon as possible
Length of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager
Direct reports: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Coordinator
Expected travel: You will be expected to travel in-country on a regular basis
1. Key Responsibilities
- Compiling, reviewing, producing and sharing of reports to internal/external audiences.
- Develop both database and source reporting tools to capture qualitative and quantitative grassroots data and change stories.
- Tracking changes and evidence based results against targets and indicators of each project and develop recommendations to further improve results harvesting.
- Provide technical assistance and training on monitoring and data collection and reporting to staff, programme volunteers, YEGs, youth network and local partners.
- Develop reporting tools of high quality to be administered by internal staff, Interns volunteer peer educators, youth groups and youth networks to capture comprehensive narrative and quantitative data from grassroots level to national level.
- Coordinate all aspects of project monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Support implementation of research and evaluations (planning, implementation, and production) to validate our work at an outcome and impact level such as baseline, endline surveys, including designing, budgeting, planning for data collection, analysis and report writing
- Work with the PQ team and other internal stakeholders to enhance information sharing and reflection processes
- Oversee the development and implementation of communication plans for research and learning outputs including blogging, website, newsletters as well as oversee the design and production by APCs of high quality briefs and case studies in English and Swahili based on our research and testimonies from young people
4. Capacity Building for Programme Quality
- Provide training to young people in research techniques and skills to ensure youth involvement in all researches conducted by Restless Development Tanzania.
- Review and identify gaps in quality of training manuals and training delivery working closely with the MEL Manager and HOO at Restless Development
- Liaise with external partners and source external partners and service providers to provide materials, training packages and resources ensuring innovative quality programmes that provide the impact required in monitoring and reporting
- Participate in the design, planning, management and review of annual programme quality budget ensuring our desired programme results are achieved
- Participate in review and re-forecast programme quality budget against actual expenditure on a quarterly basis led by the MEL Manager and Finance and Admin Coordinator
- Ensure that all requisitions, retirements and procurement are appropriately authorized; and that all expenditure is backed up by the required support documentation
- Other duties as required.
- You maybe occasionally required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted m
- Relevant graduate or post-graduate degree (Degree, or Masters) related to, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, IT, and Statistics.
- At least 3 years of solid experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Advanced IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili
- At least three years’ experience in designing and producing quality reports (both quantitative and qualitative), monitoring and evaluation of integrated programmes, preferably in the youth sector to an external audience
- Experience in statistical analysis packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, ODK, NVIVO and AKVOFLOW
- Experience in managing and collation of reports across the regions, newsletters, articles and compiling into a single comprehensive report for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret large amounts of information and make the data simple for both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to communicate effectively with youth, work colleagues and high level government audiences.
- Experience working in the international development sector and/or a volunteer-based organisation – preferably with young people
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and approaches of Restless Development
How to apply: