Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 02 Dec 2016
Young people share a restless determination to address the problems that affect them the most. That’s where we come in.
We are Restless Development, a youthful, dynamic and innovative national agency which carries the banner for youth led development in Tanzania and globally. Everything we do is led by and through young people. We are who we serve, placing young people at the forefront of change, empowering them to take leadership roles addressing the most urgent issues facing their communities.
As the leading agency for youth led development, we put young people at the heart of our work, from community to board level. We recognize young people as an asset, who can and do contribute to, and lead change. Our vision is:
A world where young people are at the forefront of change and development, achieving a just and sustainable world for all. We champion the engagement, position, and ultimately the influence of young people at every stage of development. Since 1993, we have been applying our experience to engage young people and young professionals at all levels of our organization to lead change. Our unique youth-led approach has been cited
best practice and won awards from the Stars Foundation, World Bank, UNAIDS, and most recently the 2014 Resolve Award for Mabinti Tushike Hatamu.
We are now embarking on an exciting new programme of work funded by USAID working with PACT and other consortium partners called C2EYP – Caring for Children and Empowering Young People program.
This programme focuses on OVC (orphans and vulnerable children) care and support, HIV services, violence prevention and response, early childhood and adolescent development, education, child labourOut, and children living and working in the streets, community strengthening, and operational research for policy and planning.
The team, in partnership with high performing local civil society organizations (CSOs), will scale up core interventions to save lives and prevent new infections, ensuring that children and youth survive and thrive through sustainable improvements in the health and social well-being of one million orphans and vulnerable children and their families. For more information: www.restlessdevelopment.org/tanzania
ABOUT THE ROLE
Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Programme Manager – C2EYP Programme
Dar es Salaam
TSH 47,387,487 gross per annum + 6% Housing Allowance
Preferred start date
As soon possible
Length of contract
1 year contract with likelihood of renewal based on performance
Adolescent Youth Advisor
· C2EYP Partner Senior Technical Advisors (PACT, EGPAF, Aga Khan, Ifakara Institute, Railway Children)
· Outreach Coordinator
You will be expected to travel in-country on a regular basis
1. Main responsibilities
· To oversee the entire project results of Restless Development assigned activities and milestones
· Manage human and financial resources according to allocation and budget
· Reporting and communication to stakeholders, partners and donor
2. Strategy & Direction
· Ensures the program teams are implementing program activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes.
· Coordinates the preparation of timely and cost effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans in collaboration with partners’ Senior Technical Advisors.
· Ensures visibility and articulates values of Restless Development with implementing partners
3. Programme Quality, Accountability and Reporting
· Coordinates and aligns process of monitoring and evaluation (ME) and reporting systems of Restless Development/PACT.
· Oversees submission of proper accountabilities of program funds and quality narrative reports in line with donor requirements.
· Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to CD and stakeholders ensuring that program lessons are being used to promote improved program delivery.
4. Program Financial Management
· Coordinates with finance team to provide financial training for non-financial staff in effective country program financial management, including procurement, project implementation, compliances and project financial reporting.
· Supports the budget planning processes to ensure that program funds are expended according to procedures and plans.
· Ensures budgets are managed effectively, expenditures are aligned with budget
5. Team Manager, Compliance and Capacity Building
· Communicates the project vision to the project team, leads and directs them toward achieving the project goals and objectives and are aligned with Restless Developments strategic vision
Ensures that the program team have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities; supported by clear job descriptions to ensure quality performance.
· Implements policies and procedures that guide and support Restless Development activities, ensures compliance with Restless Development and PACT Code of Conduct, gender and child protection policies.
6. Representation and Collaboration
· Facilitates linkages, collaboration and networking with CYp2 partner implementation organisation, government and other relevant institutions to enhance project visibility and program activities.
· Represents Restless Development in implementing partners platforms and maintains positive image regarding Restless Developments portfolio as a youth carrier banner.
· Joins the CD in meetings and represents her when required..
· Other duties as required.
· You will regularly be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree in social sciences, development studies or other related disciplines. Master’s degree added advantage
· Advanced IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet.
· Fluency in both English and Swahili
· Solid experience working in interventions targeting orphans and vulnerable children
· At least 5 years’ experience managing youth development programs and liaising with government officials and donors.
· Proven experience in project planning, proposal development, report writing, resource mobilization, networking, partnership-building and working with NGOs.
· Proven experience in managing multiregional teams
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
· Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast paced fluid environment
· Creative and flexible with problem solving skills and demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
· Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from young people and females.
How to apply:
· Pleasevisit our website, www.restlessdevelopment.org, fill and send send a completed application form to email@example.com by 5pm local time, Friday, 2 December 2016. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.