- One Fellowship annually of $50,000 for a period of up to two years to support a mentorship and career/leadership development project in tropical medicine research, clinical care or advocacy.
- Available only to citizens and legal residents of low/low-middle income countries who are ASTMH members.
- Applicants must be early- to mid-career stage.
- Applicants must identify a mentor for the proposed activities.
- Notice of Fellowship award in Fall 2017.
- Open only to ASTMH members who are citizens and legal residents of a low/low-middle income country as determined by the World Bank and WHO/Hinari. Not a member? Join here for $25.
- Early- to mid-career.
- A Master’s degree or higher is desired for applicants whose education has focused on advocacy and policy rather than scientific research or clinical care.
- MD, MBBS, DDS, DVM or PhD-level degree.
- Mentor required (member of ASTMH encouraged but not required). The mentor will help the applicant plan and carry out the proposed Fellowship activities. The mentor is not required to work at the same organization/institution as the applicant or to directly supervise the proposed Fellowship activity.
- Applicant and mentor are responsible for planning the proposed Fellowship activity and securing agreement from participating/hosting institutions.
Click here to download a PDF with more information and how to apply.