Closing date: 30 Dec 2016
Africa Regional Lead, DFID-funded Performance Evaluation of Global Component of INVENT- Innovative Ventures & Technologies for Development programme, India
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies, in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. Our clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, as well as bilateral and multilateral donors, NGOs, and private sector foundations.
SI is planning to bid on the upcoming DFID-funded performance evaluation of the global component of ‘Innovative Ventures & Technologies for Development’ (INVENT) programme. This opportunity will be released under GEFA Lot 2. DFID Invent is a six-year initiative to support technological and business innovations to benefit up to 1 million people from lower income populations as producers, consumers, employees and suppliers in India’s poorest states and in other developing countries. For this specific evaluation, SI will focus exclusively on the global component: to spread affordable Indian innovation in partner countries of Africa and South Asia.
Social Impact is seeking an Africa regional lead/team leader to provide leadership throughout the evaluation. The period of performance is approximately 40 months.
- Design, implement, and manage the evaluation.
- Lead the development of and piloting of data collection instruments.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative data collection activities in the field.
- Coordinate, participate in, and oversee analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Prepare presentation of findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Advanced degree in international development, social sciences, economics, statistics, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing the performance and impact of development activities, including a minimum of five years of experience effectively leading evaluation and/or research teams.
- Experience evaluating/assessing programs focusing on ICT (information, communication, and technology), WASH, and/or agricultural sector in the Africa region.
- Extensive experience working on innovation and value-chain programmes and evaluating their impact in low income countries.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation methodologies, or a combination of both; Knowledge and/or experience with outcome mapping (OM) methodology, highly desired.
- Experience evaluating the gender effects of interventions and developing gender-sensitive instruments and protocols.
- Strong management, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with DFID project cycle, policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies and reporting requirements, preferred.
- Previous experience working in Africa, required.
- Fluency in English, required.