- Advanced University degree (Master's)in social sciences, journalism/public information, communication or other related field, or comparable experience.
- Eight years progressive experience in information, communications and media relations, with at least two years at the international level.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research planning and strategy on the role of the mass media
- Proven ability to manage relationships with media representatives and UNICEF partners
- Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation, and ability to relate this to mass media
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form
- Knowledge of United Nations or other international organizations; good understanding of world affairs, current events and development issues
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another UN working language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate