Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 28 Dec 2016
Deputy Chief of Party / TB / HIV Specialist
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Deputy Chief of Party / TB /HIV Specialist is a senior management position based in Tanzania, working closely with the Chief of Party in the areas of technical support, assistance and oversight of the HIV/AIDS and TB grant from the Global Fund. This grant, which aims at scaling up HIV and TB interventions in Tanzanian Mainland, has an overall budget of roughly $13million over two years. S/he serves as the technical lead for the program.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: Dar es Salam, Tanzania
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of appropriate technical experience in a TB/HIV Programs in an international context, with at least 5 years' experience at the senior management level
- Previous Experience working as a senior manager in a Global Fund Program is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated experience working on complex, multi-partner projects in an international setting
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support to health sector programs in international settings
- Understanding of the National TB and HIV Control Programs is an added advantage
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and find effective and efficient ways to accomplish goals
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure on a number of competing tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a complex political environment and on sensitive issues
- A Medical Degree or equivalent health care qualifications plus a Master's degree in public health or related field
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal with experience in cross-cultural settings
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience interfacing with senior government health staff in an international setting, as well as UN agencies and international/local organizations
- Willingness to extensive travel to implementation sites for technical monitoring and supervision visits
- Excellent people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working
- At least five years of technical management of health or HIV programs experience at Senior Management Levels
- Ability to travel locally.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: MKogi.email@example.com