Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
“2018 Research Fellowship Program” has been released. The deadline of application is August 31st, 2017.
- Applicants of non-Japanese nationality; a Doctorate degree; must be 49 years old or under; not have been in Japan previously; have firm positions and professions in their home nations; etc.
- Host Institution In Japan:
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
- Fellowship Details:
- Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump sum on arrival
- Period & Number of Fellowships:
- For a period of from three to six months; the number of fellowships is about 20 persons each year.