- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only.
- Fellow has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Research training Fellowship.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- Details of their current level of training,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
Application form for Research Fellowship
The Panel will not accept applications, which are submitted by:
- Candidates who have already spent more than 12 months outside their home country during the 3 years preceding the application. Exceptions could be made if the applicant can justify how this additional training will supplement the one(s) already obtained.
- Candidates who have already left their country at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- Candidates who have completed more than one half of any training programme they may already be enrolled in.
- Candidates who, at the time of submitting their application, already have a grant from any other training program.
- Applications will not be entertained if the applicant’s home country law prohibits the nature of this activity.
- Successful candidates will be required to start their training within 1 year of being notified of the fellowship award.
- Duration of the support for the research training lasts for a maximum of 12 months.
- Upon certification, fellowship awardees return to their home countries.