In its Higher Education Programme, PASGR works with twelve universities across seven African countries to implement a collaborative Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme. Seven of the twelve universities are located in East Africa:
University of Nairobi; Maseno University; Egerton University; Uganda Christian University; Uganda Martyrs University; University of Dar es Salaam; and Mzumbe University.
Scholarship awardees will be hosted at any one of these institutions.
Call for applications:
PASGR invites applications from eligible candidates for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for the MRPP. The scholarships include tuition fees to the university according to the submitted fees structure, a monthly stipend to cover living costs and accommodation (at DAAD rates), as well as an annual study and research allowance.
Eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study the Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme at any of the universities listed above. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least a second class honours upper division from any accredited university. The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
Note: Potential candidates who are not enrolled in the programme are advised to contact any of the universities listed above directly for admission first. Prospective students may request admission at a university within or outside their home country.
Duration and commencement:
Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application using this form.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fully filled and signed PASGR Scholarship Application Form;
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF. Please use the Europass CV template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates;
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts;
- Proof of admission to the Master of Research and Public Policy, which may be a temporary admission letter including fee structure of the course (scanned PDF copy);
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages in PDF); and,
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy).
A complete application form must be sent to PASGR – email@example.com – together with all the application documents listed above by Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1700hrs.
This announcement was first posted on http://www.mrppafrica.org (via).