- $200,000 (including indirect costs at a maximum rate of 20%)
- Two-year performance period beginning on July 1, 2017
Registration Deadline: Feb 16, 2017, 3:00 PM ET
LOI Submission Deadline: Feb 22, 2017, 3:00 PM ET
Purpose of RFP
To fund biomedical research necessary to inform and design interventions to 1) cure HIV, defined by the eradication of all pathogenic virus from the body, or 2) bring about a state of remission whereby the virus is controlled in the absence of ART and the person is no longer infectious.
Specific areas of interest
In order of priority:
- Proof-of-concept clinical studies testing cure interventions
- Disabling or eradicating the HIV reservoir
- Discovery and targeting of novel mechanisms to disrupt HIV reservoir persistence
Research findings that provide strong preliminary data that inform next-stage clinical or preclinical studies testing curative interventions.
HIV researchers holding a doctoral degree and affiliated with nonprofit research institutes are eligible to apply.
Please share this announcement with colleagues who may be interested in applying for this funding opportunity.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RFP AND HOW TO APPLY