Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 13 Feb 2017
help2kids is looking for a motivated Programmes Assistant. Gain great experience working with a small NGO in Tanzania!
help2kids is a young, dynamic organization located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city. We help orphans and vulnerable children by providing food, shelter, and lots of love at our Children's Home. We help the community by working with and providing budgetary support to a local nursery and primary school. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism by feeding the profits from our guest house back into our projects.
We are currently seeking a Programmes Assistant to provide support to our projects on the ground in Tanzania. This position is unpaid, but all flights, accommodation, and visas will be covered. This is a 6 month position with a possibility of an extension. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about improving children's lives, and wants to be part of an international team.
To learn more about us, please visit www.help2kids.org and www.friendlygecko.com.
- Assist Project Managers and Coordinators in implementing new or current project needs
- Work alongside Field Manager, Project Managers, and Coordinators in order to improve project sites and program
- Help organize and assist in donations
- Assist in overseeing Nursery School Project, Primary School Project, Volunteer Program, and Educational Sponsorship Program through weekly meetings and interactions with persons in charge.
- Carry out any research projects that meet the needs of the project.
- Collect data and assist with the monitoring and evaluating of projects.
- Assist in collecting writing, photos, and materials for programme reports.
- Assist in grant and fundraising research
- Other tasks, as requested, including helping out with general administration of the organization.
- Things we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Fluency in English (Additional languages - Swahili considered great advantage in this position)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A passion for working with children and youth
- Ability to work with limited resources in a sometimes challenging environment
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Work well with team of local staff, international staff and volunteers
- Be willing to live in a dormitory at our guest house (www.friendlygecko.com) shared with volunteers (6 bed room)
- Willingness to participate in the children's lives in a positive way and set a good example by your behavior at all times
- Commitment of at least one year
- Previous development experience preferred
- Previous experience living in Africa preferred
Food, housing, flight, and visa provided.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 13th February.