Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 29 Jan 2017
Marie Stopes International is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services they provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she’s free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to**: children by choice, not chance.**
The Regional Programme Development Manager, East & Southern Africa (ESA) is a challenging and wide-ranging role. It is unique at MSI and offers the right candidate the chance to concentrate on a defined and specific area of critical work, which if done well, will benefit not only the ESA region, but MSI as a whole.
Under the direction of the Regional Operations Director, you will identify areas for capacity building in compliance and grant management within the region, facilitate country programmes to develop capacity in key skills such as Project Cycle Management, donor report writing and proposal writing; ensure cross country learnings are leveraged and embedded using a Communities of Practice model; and assist with the provision of critical support to drive the Performance Management and growth of high quality family planning and safe abortion services across the region: Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Regional Programme Development Manager will also be expected to contribute to the successful delivery of the regional OGSMs. Under the direction of the Regional Operations Director you will have significant responsibility for the region’s implementation of MSI’s strategy “Scaling Up Excellence” and will play a significant role in the long-term sustainability of the region.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Sustained and demonstrable programme management/officer/ grant management experience
- Experience working in the field in an operational role, preferably for an international organisation
- Demonstrable administrative, finance and programme management experience
- Demonstrable experience working within a donor funded environment
- Highly developed relationship development and communication (oral and written) skills
- Highly developed problem solving, diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills
- skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Demonstration of ‘making things happen’, operating at pace and delivering effectively through others
- A knowledge of reproductive health care (desirable)
In addition you will have the right to work in the UK and be pro-choice on abortion.
Location: London (although we may consider field based staff in their country of origin)
Closing date: 29th January 2017 (midnight GMT). Interviews will take place before this date (for suitable candidates).
Salary: £38-50k p/a depending on experience and ability
All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: https://careers.mariestopes.org.uk/vacancy/regional-programme-development-manager--east-and-southern-africa-299765.html