Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Mar 2017
CHIEF OF PARTY
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to include in a proposal for the USAID/Tanzania Data for Development project. This four year project will provide services to support the improvement of data-driven decision-making, planning and implementation for the Mission, its implementing partners, and strategic local partners, including the National Bureau of Statistics and other Tanzania institutions.
Responsible for providing management support and technical oversight of the project, the COP coordinates and collaborates with donor clients, implementing partners, and stakeholders. S/he will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the activity and adhere to USAID, IBTCI and local rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures (including USAID FARS and ADS). S/he will deliver high-quality outputs in accordance with an agreed upon work plan and timeframe; manage a staff of senior experts; and manage financial and administrative resources. The COP will supervise the evaluation expert and the performance monitoring advisor to assure that all data collection and capacity building is driven by the demands of USAID and external partner decision-makers. The position is based in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Education: Must possess a graduate degree in management, organizational development, international development, economics, statistics, or a related field
- More than eight years of demonstrated experience in enhancing performance monitoring, evaluation, and/or data use for decision-making.
- Experience of progressive responsibility managing or implementing complex international development programs and projects (workplan preparation and implementation, logistics, budget preparation and tracking, staffing, reporting and meeting deliverables) funded by USAID.
- Capable of high-level analyses and supporting Mission senior management in broad-gauged and big picture planning.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required and Kiswahili language skills are also desired.
Please submit all application materials at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.