- A Master Degree (PhD preferred) in law, finance, international development or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in business, government, law or related profession; ideally in international development and economic reform, with a focus on private sector development.
- Knowledge of private sector development in Tanzania, including but not limited to, opportunities, challenges, stakeholders and the political economy impacting the sector, with proven experience in engaging with at least some of these;
- Excellent communications and advocacy skills -- ability to interface effectively with stakeholders at all levels, draft effective reports and communicate in public;
- Independent, autonomous and entrepreneurial -- should be able to operate with minimum support;
- Strong organizational and diplomatic skills with an ability to obtain productive results from a diverse set of Tanzanian and international stakeholders;
- Strong neutral figure vis-à-vis government and the private sector;
- Proven ability to strategize and adapt work programs based on changing and evolving priorities;
- PC literate and comfortable using IT in all aspects of work, including experience using MS Office applications
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Swahili highly desired.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on an occasional basis
More info at http://www.ifc.org...