The Child and Youth Protection and Development Coordinator ( CYPD) is expected to assure that IRC Tanzania maintains its current position as a leader in child protection in Nyarugusu refugee camp, Kigoma Region and continues to develop new opportunities.
The CYPD Coordinator provides overall strategic direction and vision for the child protection and youth development program portfolio. In addition to overseeing the implementation of the activities listed above, the position plays an active role in the general strategic leadership of the country program. The position also serves as a representative of the CYPD program at UNHCR led technical working groups, national and local government coordination forums.
The position reports to the Dep uty Director for Program (DDP). This is an unaccompanied position.
- Master’s degree in related field and demonstrated expertise in related field protection, social work, education, or community work
- Academic experience in research preferred
- At least five years’ experience in development or emergency settings implementing Child Protection programs
- Personnel management experience, including capacity development and team building
- Experience in an emergency or post-conflict context preferred
- Experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation of programming
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Proven strong report and proposal writing skills
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good spirit working within a team
- Ability to speak, read and write English to a fluent level
- Desirable: Previous experience working in refugee settings