Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 24 Mar 2017
The Mitchell Group (TMG) is an organization that has been providing a variety of international consulting services for over 29 years in the areas of M&E, Support Services, Financial Management and Grants, and Basic Education and Training. TMG manages a development assistance process that helps realize a better future to men, women, and children around the world by increasing educational, economic, and technical opportunities to better their lives. Toward this end, we help organizations and governments to design and implement the most effective programs possible.
TMG is seeking a qualified Gender Specialist to provide evaluations/assessments/research support services for an upcoming three year USAID-funded Data for Development Task Order in Tanzania. The goal of this effort is to provide services to support the improvement of data-driven decision-making, planning and implementation for the Mission, its implementing partners, and strategic local partners, including the National Bureau of Statistics and other Tanzanian institutions. The ideal candidate will
- Provide oversight related to all aspects of gender data collection and analysis in the evaluation.
- S/he will assist in the design of the evaluation methodology, including all focus group questions, surveys, and other data collection tools.
- The Gender Specialist must possess a graduate degree in gender studies, international development, development economies, or a related field.
- S/he must have a minimum of seven years of experience in gender integration and agriculture or economic growth programming.
- S/he must have strong written and verbal communication skills, supervision, and management skills; and an ability to work with and lead diverse teams.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required. East Africa experience, a plus.
If interested in this opportunity please provide a copy of your most up to date resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Gender Specialist" in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted.