Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 29 Mar 2017
DAI, a global consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC, USA seeks an Organizational Strengthening Specialist for an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded program in East Africa aimed at actualizing a demonstrable, evidence-based improvement in the institutional capacity of selected Regional Intergovernmental Organizations and a significant, measurable increase in each Regional Intergovernmental Organization’s efficient, effective and sustainable organizational performance.
- The Organizational Strengthening Specialist will be embedded in the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat based in Arusha, Tanzania. S/he will provide direct support to the EAC on site on a full-time basis using USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) methodology.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the USAID-funded program and the EAC Secretariat, and develop strong working relationships with EAC representatives, including from the EAC Common Market, the EAC Lake Victoria Basin Commission (based in Kisumu, Kenya) and the East Africa Health Research Commission (to be based in Bujumburi, Burundi). Meet with each of these partner representatives a minimum of once per quarter to discuss challenges and plan program activities.
- Proactively plan and lead/facilitate a minimum of one HICD and/or performance improvement related events per month for EAC members; these may include speaker series, panel discussions, group exercises, or other activities as approved by the Chief of Party.
- Ensure the Secretariat remains in compliance with all policies and regulations of the organization.
- Write scopes of work for trainers and consultants.
- Continually monitor progress of EAC interventions against indicators as defined in the work and monitoring/evaluation plans, and report any potential obstacles to project management.
- Contribute to project reports and activity design, including biweekly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as the annual work plan and monitoring/evaluation plan
- Report on notable project successes for use in success stories and other project publicity.
- Communicate issues, successes, and problems immediately to the Chief of Party.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Advanced degree in business, communications, or relevant subject
- At least 5 years of professional experience managing programs or projects
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Business-level communication skills, written and verbal
- Competent computer skills - Microsoft Office
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Event management skills
- CPT or HPI certified or eligible for certification
To apply: Please email your CV and cover letter with the position title specified in the subject line no later than Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 5:00 pm to email@example.com. Cover letters should be no longer than one page, Times New Roman font, size 12. CVs should be no longer than three pages, New Roman font, size 12. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should demonstrate they have understood the specifications by respecting them.