If you have a big idea to protect or restore the environment; if you have a vision for a more sustainable future; if you have a strong track record of instigating change; if you are unafraid of failure; and if you believe in a bright future for our planet, then you just might have what it takes to become a Young Champion of the Earth.
What do the Young Champions receive?
- Six Young Champions of the Earth are selected every year, one from each global region (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, and West Asia). Each winner receives the following:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- Attendance at the United Nations Environment Assembly in Nairobi, December 2017, and the United Nations General Assembly in New York, September 2018 (all expenses paid);
- An introduction to over 100 environment ministers at the Champions of the Earth Gala Dinner;
- Publicity and recognition through online and global media;
- Access to high-profile mentors and customized training in communications, project planning, financial management, etc.
- Participation in an intensive, one-week entrepreneurship course in Europe in the first quarter of 2018 (all expenses paid).